You’ve got your new, beautiful eyelash extensions and you love your new look from the first moment you put them. But they’re not quite the right look for the new job interview you have today (or they’ve mostly grown out).
In any case, you want to remove your eyelash extensions.
If you simply want them removed, or no longer want to wear them, then you are likely looking for the best way to go about removing your extensions.
In this mini-guide about “How to remove lash extensions”, we will see how! But before trying yourself, avoid removing eyelash extensions prematurely, and especially try not to have to do this step yourself at home.
Our beauty salon in Birmingham can do it safely for you. If you decide to give this a try, you can contact Jtai Beauty and Book Your Lash Appointment, select the service you need, then complete the short booking form.
If you can wait, here’s how to remove lash extensions step by step:
- If you had your extensions professionally done, ask the technician which solvent they use, then, see if you can purchase it from them.
- Remove your eye makeup to see where the extensions start (You can use your normal makeup remover for this step.)
- Use disposable brush applicators so you can easily apply the glue remover to your lashes. The glue remover can sting and irritate your eyes, so it’s important that you don’t get it in them.
- Pull the applicator or spoolie through your lashes like you’re applying mascara, this will make sure that all of the glue dissolves. Set a timer and wait a few minutes for the glue remover to dissolve the glue. Leave your eye closed while the glue remover is on your lashes.
- Pick the lashes off and use a gentle eye makeup remover to clean away excess glue remover.
As we mentioned at the beginning of this mini-guide, the best way to get your eyelash extensions removed is at a salon, preferably the one where you got the extensions in the first place because they will know which solvents work best with their specific glue type and eyelash.
If you are interested in our services, take a look to see how much it costs to put eyelash extensions.